Thursday, October 1, 2009

In the Begining.......

Dave and I met in January 1999 at a Dixie College Basketball game. He was there watching a friend on the team, and my friends and I were there to be social. He was finished with college and had moved back home to work for the BLM for the winter.He and his friends came over to talk to us, and we invited them over to our apartment for a little dance party (which we called "Area 21"). After that night,we saw eachother every day. We spent our nights making brownies and watching The Golden Girls. By March, we were talking about marriage, and were engaged by August (officially) the ring was a huge ordeal! It was a long summer for us as he stayed in Washington to work for the BLM doing fires, and I moved back home to Sandy to lifeguard. Dave got his first teaching job at West Jordan Middle School, so he moved up about 1 week before school started.
We got married on Ocotber 1, 1999 in the Salt Lake Temple. What an amazing day. I remember it just like it was yesterday (Dave could have gone without all the pictures) We then had a luncheon at Gardner Village, followed by a recption at Willow Creek Country Club. Two days later we left on a cruise for our honeymoon.
We lived in Salt Lake for 3 years where we had beautiful baby Rylee. Then we moved to Washington and bought our first house, where Pyper and Laney came to our family.
In the last 10 years, we have had so many good times and many hard times as well. Loss of many loved ones, including Maggie after 8 1/2 years with her, and the 2 miscarriages, and Dave's stroke. We have bought 2 houses, paid off 4 cars, and have raised 3 beautiful, good little girls.
I couldn't have asked for a better husband, father and friend. Dave truly is my best friend. I am so lucky and blessed to have been with him all these years. I am so proud of us for all that we have been through and accomplished in these last 10 years. I look forward to the many more years to come, and all eternity to be with him. I love you so much Dave. Happy Anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment